Here is a blog devoted to my travels in Africa in service with the United States Peace Corps. This will accompany my journal that I will try to keep daily. Disclaimer Only my views are contained in this blog and are posted under my sole responsibility. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Breakfast in Mali
I am officially eating my first breakfast in Mali. We arrived in Bamako last night and were met by a gracious staff of volunteers that met us with friendly smiles. After settling down in H-7 with my two hut mates, we were taught how to use the bathrooms again. It was a cool 80 last night and the humidity was really high. I slept really well last night, only for 5 hours though. Today we have a great big meeting and then we are celebrating the 4th of July at the American Club. I've only been here a couple hours but I feel adjusted and I am ready for the task ahead of me. Yea for Africa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment