So this is my first post on my blog. Here it goes...
I am sitting on the 2153 Amtrak Train headed to Philadelphia for my Peace Corps Staging. The train is really comfortable and they have free WiFi, its gets better because there is a wicked cute girl sitting across from me. I helped her put her bag away, 95% motivated by being a good person 5% motivated because she is cute. It was definitely a little emotional leaving Mom and Dad. I knew I wouldn't "go to the airport" (cry), but I almost did.
Today starts with this train ride out of NYC and will continue when I arrive in Philly and head to Staging. I will be in staging for the better part of the day and it will be informative I hope. I hope it settles my expectations and sets new ones for me. I must admit I almost don't know what I am getting myself into. But this is my dream and its an opportunity that may never come again.
When I leave Philly tomorrow at 2pm, I'll head back to JFK and my plane leaves for Paris at 11:30. This will be the first time I fly out of the North American Continent and only the second time I step foot on foreign soil. On a lighter note if this door separating the car from the entrance way doesn't stop opening and closing I may or may not jump kick through the door shattering its hopes, dreams, and functionality.
Nothing more to report, except this time July 4th, America's Birthday, I will be in another country spelling Peace with a CAPITAL P!!!
I miss you already. Be Careful!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya - Your Buddy Sharon
Be safe James. I miss you bro, and wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to email me whenever you can. I wanna know what's going on.
ReplyDeletewell james life is so different in Africa!
ReplyDeletethe old one