Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Counting the days

So after this thursday I will be posting a lot less regularly. I am off to Homestay which means i will be living in a village with a malian family. I will have my own room and get to stop living out of a bag. It was really cool here today at like 85 degrees. Sorry for not posting as much, I had a rough day yesterday but today is going great and I really love being here. Started learning bambara today and I am getting pretty good at it. I hope this post finds every one really well. Today was a cool training day we got to start looking at our sector of work, and in WatSan (water sanitation) we get to do anything from fish hatcheries, to garden work, to wells, to digging negens (toliets). I am looking forward to my work and my two years of service.


N taraa!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is just the beginning of an incredible experience. Enjoy the ride. We miss you and love you Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing well. I miss ya a bunch.. Good luck and keep us as updated as you can..Love ya Buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you cuz! Hope all is well! Love you!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this thinking, "This is James in all his glory." I can hear you saying all these things and know how badly you've wanted this. I'm really looking forward to some more updates and some good reading... hope things are going well for you buddy!

    Keep up the good work and make us proud.
    -ebd...

    ReplyDelete